Saturday, October 11, 2008

President Uchtdorf said to be creative!!!






I have these in reverse order... But you get the idea! The top stairs were my guinea pigs. I have it down to a system now. I'm getting close to finishing the bottom section. The handrails and posts are a darker color now. Not the yellowy oak. I had to paint the base step white. That wood didn't want to take the stain and remained yellow on my guinea pig stairs. But I think it will look really rich and classic with the new carpeting. I have until Wednesday to finish! I think I'll be okay. As long as I don't get sick. Dave and Tyler had had colds. I'm washing my hands alot. Plus they have tons of stain and paint on them. The germs don't stand a chance!!!!!!!!!!!!
Guess I really took Pres. Uchtdorf's talk overboard??? I couldn't find anyone interested in doing the job. So, it had to be done and I'm probably doing a better job anyway. I know I'm saving tons of money, it's very time consuming. I'll send a "all done" picture after next week. Oh, I even sanded and stained my dad's picture he painted for me. It's Stonehenge. Now it can go back in it's place and the light oak frame won't scream out that I was too tired and lazy to fix it!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Looks awesome Mom! I'm so proud of you! Can't wait to see everything finished!